Interested in applying for the Youth Program? Click here to download a short form letting us know you are interested!
The American Job Centers and its partners can help young workers, up to age 24, achieve their career and educational goals! Here's how:
- Paid Internship / Work Experience Program: Individuals earn 100% of the typical wage of the position will serving as a paid intern. Interns may work up to 37.5 hours per week for up to 6 months.
- Occupational Skills Training: Individuals may receive up to $4,000 per year for up to two years of training at an approved training provider for in-demand occupations.
- Supportive Services: Assistance with books, tools, supplies, transportation, child care, as well as other items that are necessary to enable an individual to participate in training.
- Tutoring, study skills training, instruction, and evidence based dropout prevention and recovery strategies.
- Alternative secondary school services, or dropout recovery services.
- Education and workforce preparation activities for a specific occupation.
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Adult mentoring.
- Follow-up services.
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling.
- Financial literacy education.
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Labor market and employment information.
- Assistance with transitioning to postsecondary education and training.